- Wednesday, 7 March 2012
- By Tusk
- Share This
Australia’s premier contemporary, creative-culture event, CARBON is back! Now in its second year, CARBON celebrates and explores style, design and street culture via a series of forums and side-shows.
The main forum event, which takes place at the BMW Edge Theatre at Federation Square, has seen us scour the globe for some of the most unique and authentic voices and minds in contemporary creative-culture. The forums are the defining element of CARBON. More than just the transfer of knowledge, this series of talks also offers a platform for discussion and audience participation. Add to this a range of exciting side-events and exhibitions and you have a festival of creativity and thought that is not to be missed.
This year's lineup looks great with:
- Chaz Bojorquez (artist / calligrapher, LA)
- DAL (street artist, CHN)
- Dust La Rock (Fools Gold co-founder / art director, NYC)
- Eugene Kan (Hypebeast, HK); Faith 47 (Street Artist, STH AFRICA)
- Huw Bennett (Vanishing Elephant, SYD)
- Joy Yoon (SlamXhype / New Order, LA)
- Nick Fensom (Sneeze Magazine, VAN / NYC)
- Mega (Black Scale, LA)
- Ricky Powell (photographer, NYC)
- Yimmy Yayo (visual bloggers/photographer, SYD)
- 13th Witness (photographer/videographer, NYC).
If you're lucky enough to be in Melbourne this weekend don't miss out - if not, it looks worth a trip - tickets on sale now